This luxury mansion stands on a hillside overlooking valleys teaming with game and dams filled with trout. Set on a private reserve just 8km from Dullstroom, Amberley Mountain Reserve is an exclusive country estate on which this family home is positioned. The farm is set well above Dullstroom at about 2100m above sea level so expect temperatures three or four degrees cooler than Johannesburg. The evenings and early mornings in winter are very frosty but the Lodge has 2 fireplaces to keep you cozy and warm. In the summer there is a swimming pool available to cool down in on our lovely warm days.
The four downstairs bedrooms are equipped with the following:
- first bedroom with a queen size bed, built in cupboards and en suite with bath only;
- second bedroom with two single beds, built in cupboards and en suite with shower only;
- third and fourth bedrooms both have two single beds and built in cupboards. They share a large bathroom with bath and shower.
The upstairs family suite consists of:
- first bedroom with two single beds and built in cupboards;
- spacious main bedroom with king size bed and walk in dressing room with dressing table;
- the family suite share a large, deluxe bathroom with shower, double vanities and spa bath.
- Extending along the length of this mansion the 5mx16m living area is perfect for entertaining.
- Elegant bar and home entertainment centre. Cosy lounge with fireplace.
- 10-seater dining table.
- Please note that Amberley Mountain Reserve Lodge now has a T.V. lounge, set just off the kitchen area, with coal stove & ‘dual view’ DSTV and flat screen.
- Fireside blankets and duvets are available and please do not remove towels, bedding or throws from the bedrooms.
- Please note that swimming pool towels are NOT provided.
- The newly completed T.V. lounge features a 'dual view' decoder, with the second big screen and decoder in the formal lounge.
- Open plan state-of the art kitchen with 4 seater breakfast nook.
- Double oven and electric hob.
- Large entrance hall and guest toilet.
- Outside Sink
This large private nature reserve has several herds of Antelope, Wildebeest and Zebra.
The long winding concrete road to the house allows easy access for all cars.
Well stocked dams.
Perfect for hiking or cycling.